I was feeling a bit fed up that I week off had come to an end and I hadn't done much of the usual baking, walking, gardening, making...(not to mention spending nearly £700 on the car for tyres, breaks, service and MOT) when I found the award whilst checking out my favourite bloggy places. Perfect timing, Jane! If you haven't visited Jane's blog I would recommend it. She is very creative and generous with her patterns. She has a lovely daisy crochet square which I am hoping to have a go at soon.
I believe the recipient of this award is required to share 10 facts about themselves. I'm really not that interesting! But I will try...
1. I love lattes and when I go on holiday I take my latte machine with me!
2. I went to an evening class studying watercolour painting for 3 years with an artist called Judi Trevorrow. She is well known in Cornwall and is very talented. I really miss it and will take it up again when the children are older.
by Judi Trevorrow
3. I went to live with my Gran and Grandad at the age of 5 when they became my Legal Guardians. My Gran sadly passed away last July and I miss her terribly. She taught me how to sew and bake and is definitely where I get my love of crafting from. I see my Grandad often and he is still very active at the ripe old age of 90! Bless!
4. I have a bent finger! I broke it horseriding when I was 10 but my Mum didn't believe it was broken. By the time she took me to the minor injuries clinic it had already started to heal, but slightly bent. My poor Mum has never lived it down!
5. I love Cath Kidston but think it is terribly overpriced - sorry. (There's how to lose all your followers in one go!)
6. When I grow up I want to be a children's author! No seriously, one day I will find the time to write and illustrate the stories that bounce around my head.
7. I am very impulsive when it comes to buying yarn and plants. I don't buy because I have a project or place in mind. I see something and love it just for it's colour or texture or scent and then I get home I think 'what am I going to do with that?' I always find a home for plants but my yarn stash keeps growing!
Beginning to struggle now...
8. I went off coffee but got addicted to Marks and Spencers cafe coffee cake when I was pregnant with Lulus. My husband looked into buying me a whole one for my birthday (just for a day off going there!) and they were happy to order in a whole cake for me for £48.00! Needless to say I didn't have one!
9. I married (eventually) my childhood sweetheart! Our meeting again was under very strange and unexpected circumstances and now we are both huge believers in fate - what will be, will be.