Monday 27 June 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

There are times in the academic year when things get just a little bit hectic - and right now is one of those times. Reports, end of year productions, sports day practices, Summer fetes, ordering supplies and books for September, the list is never ending. To add to that, we have a permanent full time teaching post for which 150 people applied! Over the next 2 weeks, 6 candidates will be coming into my class to teach an English lesson prior to the interview. This would normally be fine, except 2 of the candidates are already teaching on temporary contracts in our school (one of which is doing the actual job advertised) and so it has all got a bit awkward.
Anyway, I did start those reports and have done English, Maths, Science, ICT, RE, Geography and Art for all children. Hooray! It's plain sailing from here!
In between work and family stuff I have tried to snatch a few moments in the garden and sewing together those granny squares.


It's slow progress but I will get there. How do you lovely bloggers whip one up in an afternoon? I will never know!
Some new felt supplies arrived today. The pack on the right are for my felt acorns, left for my jewellery, although I would quite like to make another bag (would be good to finish the one I have started first!).


This was a great bargain I found on Folksy, a destash item, unopened, that should retail at £14.99 but I bought for £7!


So I have plenty of supplies lined up for Summer holiday projects!
Becky x

9 comments:

  1. Your granny squares are looking lovely as they build up! The colours work so well together! And don't worry, I'm definitely not one of those bloggers who whip one up in an afternoon!

    Yes - finish the felt bag, I want to see the end result!! ;o)

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to try felting one day - you do such a good job of it.

    Those crochet squares put together must be so satisfying of a project nearly done.

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo, the colours in those fleece tops! Mmmmmm... Can't wait to see them made up into lovely things. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am sooo loving those felt colours. Totally lush.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Also, very sweet blanket. How do you find any time to eat? Or sleep?
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky, it sounds a little hectic in your neck of the woods! Well done finding that cute little bag kit bargain! Sorry about the cosy! Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that really is busy Becky!!! I sometimes forget what "busy" is like when you are working - you get adept at juggling everything and just doing the most important things - here I have drifted into filling my days with what I probably would never have done before when i was working (ie all the vegetables that i never had time to grow) so my "busy" is of my own making!
    Amazing number of candidates for the teaching post - indicative of what the teaching job market must be like.
    Well done for getting all thr reports done, and still finding time for gardening and crafting.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I covet your bags of wool tops... where do you get your from if you don't mind me asking? I get mine from a shop in my town, which is far too tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I love your granny squares too, such pretty colours, and such a lot of work, you must be so proud

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great bargain! Found you through Felt by Rae and am your latest follower! Love crafting too and have recently tried felting for the first time (adding a felt design to an existing vest), def a WIP as it takes a while... hoping to learn lots from your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...