Saturday 2 April 2011

The Eden Project

Yesterday I spent the day at The Eden Project with a colleague for some training about using the outdoor learning environment to enhance the curriculum. Despite the misty grey drizzle, we had a lovely day.

Although some parts were a little bare, there were many beds full of spring colour and perfume.
It was the first day of April and one of the course leaders decided to play a litte joke on us. We trekked up an undeveloped embankment, through thick foliage and brambles, slipping in thick clay-heavy mud but the view from the top was breathtaking.



It was so overgrown up there I couldn't take a photograph that did it justice but you can see we were level with the top of the biggest biome!
It was a super day and we came away inspired to improve our school grounds.





If you get the chance, I would really recommend a visit, May is a beautiful time, but please stick to the designated paths!
Becky x

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting day, Becky! I'd love to visit the Eden Project sometime, and I didn't realise there was so much to explore beyond the Biomes. I hope you get a chance to implement some of your ideas back at school, Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited The Eden Project a couple of years ago. Those domes are so humid, they took my breath away, literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a great place, sounds like you had a fun and useful day! We have yet to visit but will soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...