Monday 11 April 2011

Hooray For Holidays!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a week. I have been very busy finishing a WIP, a little poorly and then soaking up the sun in the garden. I have noticed that blogland was a little quiet over the weekend and I think I'm probably not the only one making the most of the lovely weather.
Easter holidays are here, HOORAY! I love my job but I do love the holidays as well! I started today in my PJs with chocolate croissants, a latte and a magazine. Heaven!


Do you remember this lovely yarn I bought from St. Ives just over a week ago?

 Well, as soon as I got it out of the bag it was on the hook and I have completed my first wearable item! I just love the feel of it and yes, I know, it is now the wrong time of year for a scarf, but I couldn't help myself!


The pattern said to chain 160 but this seemed a little short and I wanted to be able to wrap it around my neck at least once so I chained 200. I hadn't considered that this would require more yarn and got quite panicky on the last round when I was running short. However a small adaption to the pattern and I finished it with 2" of yarn to sew in!!!


Such an easy pattern to follow, it ruffles because of the increases. I will definitely be making more of these as Christmas gifts. I made this one up in a week (and I'm not the fastest at crochet) so I have time to make a few more!

*****************
A while ago I was waiting for a sizzix die I purchased from eBay to make bags for my brooches. Sadly, it never turned up but the nice lady I purchased it from sent a replacement. Not the same die but equally as nice.

It is very pretty but not as large as the original and a little too deep to post without getting squashed, so I think I'm going to have to try and sell it on eBay.

*************** 
I have really enjoyed viewing other blogger's photos of their garden's. I love gardening, used to practically live out there before having the children, but these days have to settle for short bursts of time and sharing my space! What was once my sole domain has slowly been infiltrated with swings, sandpits, trampolines... it's endless! We do have a big garden so I have managed to save a few corners just for me! Tomorrow I'll try and get out and take a few pics, particularly of the large crab apple which is just bursting with blossom.
Hope you're enjoying the sun too.
Becky x

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous scarf, Becky! I love those colours, and the ruffle effect is really effective. I may have to have another go at crochet - I tried it once and just couldn't get the hang of it
    I hope you manage to spend a bit of time in the garden over the holidays, and that you have a really good break :)
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect start to the morning, I love the scarf, the colour is beautiful.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is beautiful Becky...lovely colours and it looks really soft. Like Liz I have never got the hang of crochet so I admire anyone who can hook!
    Happy Holidays Becky, hope you have lots of sun and garden gazing...
    Ali ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swing, slide and goalposts have disappeared from my garden now the kids are older, but there's still a ten foot trampoline in it, and now I've got Archie, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who deadheads all my plants just at the time when the blooms are at their peak. Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you're feeling better now. Your scarf is gorgeous, thank goodness you didn't run out of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Becky - start the holiday as you mean to go on, and make the most of it! I remember when I was working and my daughter young,those few precious holiday days when you didnt have to get up and be anywhere were lovely.
    Hope you have a wonderful break, and get a few days pottering and relaxing in your garden.
    Love the scarf btw - gorgeous!!!! Well done you!!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...