Saturday 5 March 2011

Owls Everywhere!

Owls seem to be very 'in' at the moment. Everywhere I go, everything I do - owls! Firstly, there's Liz at thatfuzzyfeeling who makes the most adorable needle felted owls (there may still be time to win one of these if you hop over to her blog).
...and look at this...

Love, love LOVE this, Liz! I have also just discovered , after hopping over to Liz's blog for those images that she too has noticed the abundance of owls and done a similar post!


In a Craft Special by Woman's Weekly, I found an article for painting your own pebble owls.


I think I might have a go with Lulus over the Easter hols - they are so sweet.

Ali over at Random Wooliness has been making some felt owls too.

I love the way everyone's interpretation of the same creature is so different.

When the recent issue of 'Making' magazine arrived, what should I find but an article for making your own owl doorstop!

Again, gorgeous and yet so unique from the others.

But my absolute favourite has to be these. I discovered them for sale at Trebah Gardens recently and just fell in love with them.

These are just gorgeous. They are made from river pebbles and carved beautifully. I fell in love instantly and my husband went to buy one only to find they had been wrongly priced and the one I wanted, which we thought was 28 pounds (symbol for pounds has disappeared from keyboard!) turned out to be 50 pounds. Absolutely worth every penny just can't afford to spend that many pennies at the moment!
I haven't given up all hope as Mother's day is just around the corner!
Becky x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my needle felted owls, Becky - and I love the other ones here, too! They do seem so popular at the moment, as you say. The first word my 2 year old niece said was 'owl' pronounced with a very exaggerated 'o' and she still adores them. Those owls in the pics were ones I made for a birthday last year :)
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh how exciting...my owls will be pleased to have had an trip onto someone elses blog!! Thank you!
    It is amazing how one image can have so many interpretations.
    Love those river pebble ones...just think how much water will have washed over them to give them their unique shape! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment!
    Yes, owls do seem to be every where at the moment in some form or other! You show some greta ones here - love the pebbles!

    Just like the union jack cushion I've just made - they are everywhere too, and I resisted making one for a long time cos of that - but seemed the right thing to celebrate a royal wedding!

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky I love all the owls in this post, both the fluffy ones and the beautiful pebbles. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments - It's great to hear from you. Have a lovely weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...