Sunday 27 March 2011

Liebster Blog Award


I have been thinking about this one all week. It was a real honour to receive and to pass it on to much deserving fellow bloggers is quite a responsibility! So, I did a little research, but I didn't find out much apart from it should be awarded to a blogger with less than 100 followers, but I'm not sure how reliable this information is.
Without further delay, here are my nominated bloggers that I have the pleasure to pass this award on to:
I had admired Liz's beautiful felt work on Folksy for a while before I started blogging and found her blog. She truly is a great felt artist (I have one of her bags) and, although she hasn't been blogging for long (like myself), has been generous with her ideas and techniques. She has certainly inspired me to push the boundaries of my creativity and her regular comments on my blog are like messages from a friend. Thanks Liz.
I think Ali and I have a lot in common; interests like felting, gardening, knitting, baking. All, of course, whilst juggling motherhood. We have shared our creations, techniques and material providers and she too has inspired me to try new things. Thanks Ali.
Sarah, I think, was my first follower. We have a little less in common, I was not made for Judo (I'm sure she would try to persuade me otherwise!), but we both have a love for crochet and she makes beautiful crochet flowers, for which I have a small obsession. Sarah has only just received another blog award so this may be a little unexpected, but I honestly had chosen her earlier this week for this award. Well done, Sarah!

I enjoy and follow so many lovely blogs and apologise if I didn't give you the award. I tried to choose some blogs that, like myself, have not long been posting long and deserve a little recognition for their creativity ;)

I have some posts to do over the coming week:
  1. the Ta-Dah of my crochet project
  2. the decorated eggs
  3. flowers in my garden
  4. my jars of odds and ends (my poor husband!)
  5. the felt baskets (bought the fabric over a month ago - do you remember?)
  6. my new sizzix die - it did arrive in the end, well... sort of!
So, a little preview of things to come!

I have had horrible sinusitis today and somehow made it through a 3 year old's birthday party this afternoon. Hope you had a good weekend.
Becky x


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award. I shall pop over to your nominees and take a look at their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOh Thank you Becky! How exciting!!
    What lovely thoughtful comments too..thanks.
    I will have to get thinking now...I know why you spent time doing so....!
    Looking forward to your other exciting posts - you have been really busy!
    Keep it up!! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Becky!! What a nice way to begin the week - I actually spotted this earlier today and was sure that I'd left a comment, so sorry this thank you is a bit late...now off to join Ali in getting thinking about who to nominate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky, thank you so much, I have had my head up my own arse feeling sorry for myself for last couple of weeks. This is so lovely and unexpected, I will have to get my thinking cap on now.

    Thanks for bringing it to my attention
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...