Monday 16 January 2012

January Make #2

Mid-January and I have completed my second make of the month! I gave you a little peak in my last post, but now I've had some time to play with it...


Some white splashy needle felted waves, glass beads and shell buttons. I used blue hemp cord to sew them on and added french knots as I went.







I must admit, I really enjoyed making this one. It has taken an age to stitch and I will never make any money selling these, but they are great to make ;)






I have used velcro again for the closure, but I want to try something different for my next one.  It needs to be easy to open and close and durable. Mmmmm...Any ideas?


Meanwhile, I think I will take a short break from mobile cases and try something else for my next project. I have lots of notebooks which I would like to personalise, so the next felting project could be a notebook cover. I also want to make some heart brooches for Valentines day.
There are 82 of us sharing our Monthly Makes on Flickr now. Why don't you pop over and take a look at the amazing things people have been making? Or even better, join us and show off your makes too!

The new year prompted me to look back through my blog at all the posts I had done last year. I have friends and family that really don't get the attraction in writing a blog, but for me I have a wonderfully colourful record of a busy 2011 and some really kind and supportive comments from all of you. Then I realised, it's been nearly a year since my first post. A bloggerversary is approaching and, yes, I want to celebrate it! So, watch this space as I will soon be having a giveaway to say thank you for following my crafty chitty-chattah and leaving those comments that make me smile.
Wishing you all a lovely, craft-filled week,
Becky x

6 comments:

  1. Oh Becky this is stunning! :D It's really really pretty.
    Can't wait for your giveaway!
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully blue Becky...love the waves and all the flotsam and jetsam!
    Popped over to the Flickr group - lots of fab inspirational stuff going on out there!
    Great minds...I've been musing on books....and I too have friends and family who find it difficult to understand the blogging bug! Isn't it great though having an online record of your creative year?
    Keep up the amazing work!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mobile case is beautiful Becky, and such a lovely colour. Congratulations on your blogs anniversary! Time flies when you are having fun doesn't it?
    Thankyou for your lovely comments, I am sure you will get the garden of your dreams one day. Much love, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute phone cover...must get my monthly make finished x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a rather belated Happy New Year Becky!
    Loving these little mobile cases you've been making. Re; fastenings, sometimes a simple loop (strip of felt maybe? or cord or thong)and button looks good, or just making the flap longer so you can either tuck it inside, or tuck it under a felted wool strip stretched a cross the holder, Or just cutting a slit in the felted wool to go over a button?
    Hope this makes some sense!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the monthly makes you have done! Had a sneek peek on flickr too and have to agree the other makes are fantastic!

      It's a cute idea as a phone cover but looking forward to your note book creations too :)

      Leah x

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...