Next week is half-term (already I hear you cry!) and I am trying to get lots of craft projects lined up for the week. One of my WIPs is my felt bag I started a few weeks ago.
The colours are more vibrant than this in real life. I have tried 3 different cameras and 3 different locations (for different light levels) and this is the best I can come up with!
I have produced a piece of felt for the flower brooch I wanted to put on the back. When I came to cutting it I couldn't decide on the size of the flower so I cut out two flowers and laid them on the bag together. They looked so nice I have decided to sew them both on.
They're just pinned on at the moment. I'm really pleased with how this piece of felt came out. I used the same colours as for the roses on the other side and laid some silk fibre on top in similar colours. It wasn't exactly what I was going for - I experimented a little but it didn't work out as I hoped (I'll explain this in another post) but I had enough without the 'experiment' around the edges to make the two flowers.
Can't wait to get this one finished. Hopefully, I will pick up some fabric next weekend for a panel above the felt, but I haven't managed to find anything I like yet.
I have a little crochet WIP that I will save for my next post.
Have a good week.