Sunday 23 October 2011

Five Little Robins

I wanted to show you my robin brooches I have finished this weekend. I'm really pleased with how they have turned out.



 They're so cute aren't they!? They just look gorgeous on my tree...


...and I'm going to be a bit sorry to part with them, but I must as I want to pay for that Debbie Bliss Andes yarn that I showed you all in my last post. Thank you so much for so many lovely comments and advice regarding the proposed scarf. It was quite unanimous that I should make the scarf. It would be quite different to Lucy's, well shorter anyway, as I only have 5 skeins and she used 9! I'm wondering if I could adapt the pattern to make a cowl as I love the flowers but have wanted to make a cowl for a while now.

I have also made a couple of other birds which I plan to list in my folksy shop soon. 

 


And I've experimented with another little brooch. For a first attempt it's not bad but I think it needs a slightly longer neck!


I hope you have enjoyed your weekend. It's half-term break here so I'm looking forward to some craft catch-up time!
Becky x

10 comments:

  1. Very cute robins and I love the blue / purple bird - it is lovely! Very impressed with your reindeer brooch, he looks fab as he is! Have fun this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The robins look so cute on the tree! And I love the colours of the turquoise and purple bird - such pretty colours!

    Looking forward to seeing the scarf/cowl as it develops!

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cute!! I love the metallic spirals, and the reindeer's curly antlers: very clever :)
    Have a good week, Becky -hope you get a chance for some crafty fun as well as family time.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-cute birdies!
    Clever you, as always!
    Have a great week- are you on half term?
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fab! I love them all very much x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I like your creations - very cute! Great detail using the seed beads and metal spirals!

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky they are all wonderful!! Such simple designs, lots of handywork, and so effective!
    Hope you have a great week...and aren't washed away!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those birds would be perfect to put on a wintercoat or something! :) I really really like them!
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little robins are so cute Becky! Just perfect for Xmas!
    Looking forward to cathing up over here, hope you have a great half term holiday with your youngsters!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little robin brooches are beautiful. The metal detail finishes them off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...