Wednesday 28 December 2011

Monthly Make 2012 and Time to Craft!

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas.
After lots of preparations, celebrations and entertaining (thank goodness for the dishwasher!) I have finally paused for breath and a bit of crochet, felting and blogging.
Aaaahhhhhhh..... there's the the pause...... and it feels good! Even better when accompanied by by a fresh latte and homemade lemon cake!

I've joined Annie The Felt Fairy 's Monthly Make 2012 and joined the flickr group to share our makes.

I'm really excited about it! I have loved following some other blogger's monthly makes and I'm sure it will motivate me to get creating!  Why don't you join us - the more the merrier!

I have made a little more progress with the Japanese flower cowl, 14 flowers so far (almost!) and I'm aiming for 20-24. Here it is with 13 flowers (no. 14 still on the hook!).


I have a new winter coat that it will look amazing with if I can get it finished before Spring!


I also want to get this done so I can go back to my little (hem, hem) ripple crochet blanket. It has been weeks since I have added any new rows and I'm really quite missing it. Too may projects, too little time.

I received two new crochet books for Christmas. I knew they were going to be good as so many of you have recommended them on your blogs and given me a sneaky preview into their contents.

I haven't seen this scarf in any of the previews however and have completely fallen in love with it.

Yesterday a spot of wet felting was done and it did feel good to get my hands all soapy with the fluffy stuff. I forgot to share my new supplies with you, didn't I?!
Here are my lovely new fibres.


OK, in the bag doesn't show off their beauty at all so here are a few pics out of the bag!


Spring Green - a merino tops and silk mix

Strawberry Sundae - a merino tops and silk mix

Raspberry Chocolate - a merino tops blend (good enough to eat!)

Lagoon - a merino tops blend

White, turquoise, deep turquoise and citrus merino tops 

Damson - a rich purple dyed merino top

All gorgeous. I haven't used any yet, I'm saving them for some special projects - don't know what yet! I also couldn't resist this Gillian Gladrag kit which had been reduced from £25 to £16.

She is a brilliant felter. I have one of her books and follow her blog - quite inspirational.
Yesterday's felting was a little experiment I have wanted to do for ages. My Mum's birthday is mid-January and I noticed that she has a raggedy old cover on her new iphone so I thought I would have a go at felting one. What do you think?


I used a blue shell button and elastic for the closure. The lining is bright pink like the ring around the turquoise spots. It's beautifully soft and quite thick so it should protect the phone well.

Well, I have rambled on for long enough now, thank your for your patience and well done for making it to the end of this blog post!
Hope you are all finding some post-festivities time for a little crafting too!
Becky x

8 comments:

  1. Belated Merry Christmas lol! I have signed up for the monthly make too - In fact I will be joint Admin for September, I am very excited! Your fibres look so soft and the colours are amazing! I bet your mum will love the iphone cover! Enjoy the rest of the hols x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully colourful post Becky! Love your gorgeous Japanese flowers and that bag of fab fibre looks great! The Raspberry chocolate looks really yummy. The i phone case is fab..love all those cute flowers.
    Wishing you a happy new year and looking forward to sharing your craftyness throughout 2012!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are really ready for the challenge! I am trying to plan ahead too! Hurray! Thank you for joining the Monthly Make for 2012. I am really looking forward to seeing what you make! I am going to try very hard this year and really hope that we can support one another! If you do a post about your make then please pop by and leave me a comment so that I can come over and see it! Love Annie x ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great post full of lovely things!! Great to see the Japanese Flower cowl so far - very pretty! The fibres look gorgeous - especially the beautiful lagoon colour!! I love your present for your Mum - I think she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Becky, what a great post! I'm pleased you're getting some time for felting, crochet and other crafty pursuits - I love the Japanese flower cowl, (such gorgeous colours) and your mum's phone case is really cute, too. I'm tempted to join a monthly make challenge, so may pop and take a look at the Felt Fairy's blog to find out more :)
    LIz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love those fibres! What gorgeous colors. I can't decide which I like better - the Strawberry Sundae or the Raspberry Chocolate! :D
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, the 2 crats which are (always) on my to do list...crochet and felting.
    Love your work.

    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky, Happy New Year to you! My you are a busy girl. The crocheted cowl looks beautiful. The bag kit looks fab, but you got me at latte and homemade lemon cake,,mmmmm. I just love the taste of coffee and lemon together! Looks like you are going to be busy, see you in a little while, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...