Lulus came home with her weekly homework last week and informed me that this one must be felted! I was of course delighted! She often joins me at the sink and enjoys getting her hands all soapy!
It was National Science Week last week and her homework was to make an Easter basket for the Easter bunny that would protect the eggs if dropped!
We place a few layers of felt over a pudding bowl to get the basic shape. Then, to decorate it, we cut out spots from some prefelt we had made earlier.
Once rolled and dried, we sewed in some sections for the eggs and added some handles. Finished, phew!
Three chocolate eggs went into school in the basket, but only two came home! Those teachers!
I have a lovely blog award to pass on to some worthy bloggers.
But first 7 facts about me!
1. My husband and I have a role reversaI (stereotypically); I go to work whilst he stays home to look after the children and our home. I would love nothing more that to be a full time Mum and housewife, but I can earn more than he can and so that's the way it is. No point moaning about it. I am lucky to have a job that I love, pays well and offers fab holidays.
2. I would love to open my own making cafe. How amazing would that be!? My husband and I did some serious thinking about it, but we just don't have the finances to invest into such an enterprise. It's a dream that must sadly remain just that (and I really have dreamt about it!), but maybe one day...
3. I love reading fantasy books like 'The Golden Compass', 'Eragon', and a series of books by a chap called Terry Brookes. I have never managed to finish 'Lord of the Rings'!
4. I can't get to sleep without playing on my DS for 10 minutes. A very bad habit!
5. I am addicted to lattes! I have a new Gaggia espresso machine which I love and couldn't live without! I think I have told you before that if I go on holiday I take my machine with me!
6. I am an night owl, hate going to bed, hate getting up!
7. I love baking and wish I could find the time to do more. The trouble is I love eating my baking, but my ever increasing waistline is becoming a problem, so perhaps it is a good thing that I don't have time for more!
Well, that was a struggle!
So now for my chosen bloggers to pass this lovely award on to... in no particular order
I've chosen 3 blogs that are quite new to me and I'm very much enjoying reading their posts. No pressure to do anything with this award, just know I love reading your blogs!
I had some fantastic news today - OfSTED have done an interim assessment on our school and told us that we will not be inspected for another 12 months (they last came 3 years ago). HOORAY!!! This means I can concentrate on my class and not ticking boxes (sorry to sound cynical).
Hope you all have a lovely week.